- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Ford showed his Spring 2013 women’s collection in London this morning — and while very few photos have made their way online, what we’ve read and seen tells us it’s sportier than usual. There are silk jersey hoodies, camel cashmere sweaters and skirts and tops in cream or black that are slashed and textured.
His nighttime look is a long black column dress with a high neck. But then there were short leggings in black and flesh tone that looked like spanx. Ford’s eye view?”
You can wear something perverse if the rest of you is chaste.” The man is just never going to do a sex-free collection. Sticking with his small-show guns, he only invited fifteen journalists to his well-edited London show.
But tonight, he’s going in a different direction and there won’t be any sexy after-party, no louche late night limos. Ford is hosting a fundraiser with Gwyneth Paltrow and Anna Wintour for President Obama in London’s Mark’s Club.
Expected guests include Cameron Diaz, Barbara Broccoli, NBCUniversal International’s Jeffrey Shell and Warner U.K. president Josh Berger. Attendance costs $15,000 per person. We wonder if the Brits will pony up, but it sounds like most of this crowd is American or a few with duel citizenship.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Studios Home Entertainment