- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HBO’s True Blood is undergoing a chic style transformation this year. Now in the midst of Season 4, the Southern vampire thriller has already seen Bill Compton become the King of Louisiana, while Vampire Eric’s memory has been erased and sizzling vampire Pam has been cursed with a flesh-rotting spell.
As the character’s plot arcs have progressed, their costumes have evolved in tandem. As True Blood costume designer Audrey Fisher tells The Hollywood Reporter, Bill Compton (played by Stephen Moyer) is dressing more formally since getting his royal title, while the goth-influenced wardrobes of Pam (Kristin Bauer) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) have reached sexy and edgy new heights.
Here, Fisher tells how she links each character’s looks to specific scenes and gives the goods on the labels the vampires wear, from more mainstream ones like Joseph Abboud and Bebe to avant-garde discoveries like Skingraft, Amanda Lew Kee and Germany’s Blessed & Cursed.
Her most exciting find? A pendant necklace and earrings molded from real scorpion stingers.
But there’s one big no-no on set: even if something is made from silver, that bane of vampires, don’t dare say so. “We always say it’s platinum or white gold,” says Fisher.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day