- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Urban Outfitters loves a good dose of nostalgia (whether its ironic or not), which is why its latest collaboration with Fila is a dream come true for mom-jean and bucket-hat enthusiasts everywhere.
Read more Meet Blake Lively’s Trainer
WWD reports that the collection, which will launch Monday in 94 store locations as well as online, is inspired by Fila’s ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s classics, including windbreakers, polo dresses, bucket hats and raglans as well as a special reissue of its cult-classic Cage high-top sneakers from 1993. Each item in the collection, which is priced between $28 and $128, comes authenticated with the brand’s signature Fila F-box red, white and ecru stamp.
Though many of Urban Outfitters’ core millennial customers weren’t yet born when Fila reigned as the sponsor of ‘70s tennis legends like Bjorn Borg, the company hopes to welcome the new generation to the brand’s “legacy of sporting style.” Says Dan Lieberman, senior vp of Fila USA, “The new Fila product range combines retro elements from our iconic heritage with modern, on-trend touches. The collaboration will appeal to Urban Outfitters’ shoppers looking for vintage-inspired pieces with a fresh update.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day