- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After nearly 10 years together, Usher and his wife Grace Miguel on Tuesday announced their separation in a statement to Us Weekly.
“After much thought and consideration we have mutually decided to separate as a couple,” the couple told the magazine. “We remain deeply connected, loving friends who will continue supporting each other through the next phases of our lives. The enormous amount of love and respect that we have for each other will only increase as we move forward.”
The duo have been married for two years and started dating in 2009.
The announcement comes after Usher on Tuesday morning posted a series of inspirational messages on his Instagram Story, saying, “Destiny is waiting for you, all you have to do is go get it.” The singer-songwriter also debuted a new tattoo earlier this week, which he showed off while listening to Drake’s “God’s Plan.”
This is Usher’s second marriage. He has two children — Usher Raymond V and Naviyd Ely — with first wife Tameka Foster.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Kelly Clarkson Show
Roe V. Wade