- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress, who works with longtime stylist Elizabeth Stewart, stepped out in an orange Zac Posen gown and Harry Winston jewels.
Davis is nominated for best actress in a drama series for her role in How to Get Away With Murder. Davis made history at the 2015 Emmys, becoming the first black actress to win in that category. That year she also delivered an impassioned speech addressing diversity in Hollywood, saying, “The only thing that separates women of color from anyone else is opportunity.”
Claire Foy (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Robin Wright (House of Cards), Keri Russell (The Americans) and Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld) are also up for the same award.
The 69th annual Emmy Awards, hosted by Stephen Colbert, airs live on Sunday, Sept. 17, at 5 p.m. PT (8 p.m. ET) on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day