- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Feb. 5, the iconic Smashbox Studios in Culver City — which also spawned Smashbox Cosmetics — opened its newly refurbished doors to celebs, execs and photographers alike. After a two-year hiatus for the space’s multimillion-dollar upgrade, Hollywood partied in celebration of L.A.’s most historic celebrity fashion photography hub being open for business again.
“We had about a year to do the design, the architecture, the renovation. We’ve been busy since day one,” said Smashbox Studios CEO Steve Kalalian during last Thursday’s soiree, held in partnership with The Hollywood Reporter, of the space that has been home to famed shoots by Annie Leibovitz, Matthew Rolston and Herb Ritts. Added Smashbox co-founder Davis Factor: “I’ll tell you what’s awesome — that we’re relaunching.”
Zendaya Coleman, Janice Dickinson and Andra Day performed during the evening’s festivities. But before they partied on inside the renovated space, they shared their go-to Smashbox Cosmetics products. Check out the video below for their picks, and see what went down at our party with Smashbox Studios.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day