- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Upscale watchmaker Richard Mille has designed a unique timepiece in support of Jackie Chan’s Dragon’s Heart Foundation.
Dragon’s Heart was founded in 2004 by the Rush Hour actor, to help children and the elderly in poor and remote areas of China, by building schools and aiding the handicapped. Mille—a longtime friend of the actor—created a special RM 055 JC tourbillon for the charitable group. In April, Chan attended the opening of a new Richard Mille store in Shanghai.
The white gold timepiece with a white rubber strap includes the charity’s logo—representing Chan holding the hands of two children—placed at the heart of the movement. The words “Foundation Jackie Chan” are written on the back of the watch along with the actor’s emblem: a stamped dragon. The RM 055 JC features a manual winding tourbillon with hours, minutes, power reserve indicator (circa 70h), torque indicator and function selector. Similiar tourbillon styles sell for upwards of $300,000.
The Mille design will be on sale at a benefit auction September 14, in Beijing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day