- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Paulina Gretzky, daughter of hockey great Wayne Gretzky, wants out of the penalty box at home.
“I don’t think my dad ever could even process me being a sex symbol,” the social media sensation, whose mother is former Playboy model Janet Jones, tells Canadian broadcaster Citytv as part of her own TV special, Entertainment City: Paulina Gretzky, to air Jan. 8.
“I work hard for my body … and I don’t feel like I should be ashamed for showing I’m a woman,” the 24-year-old said.
Naughty photos that first appeared on Paulina Gretzky’s Twitter account two years ago sparked the alarm of her parents, and interest from a growing legion of social media fans.
“They acted as if I was doing frontal nudity, and that didn’t feel right,” she said when asked about media reaction to her provocative photos, and the fallout that caused at home with her parents.
Despite the Twitter scandal, a long-sought modeling career may be on hand for Gretzky.
She also appears in an upcoming eight-page spread in Flare, a Canadian fashion magazine, that was shot by Caitlin Cronenberg, daughter of another famous Canadian, director David Cronenberg.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day