- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The latest designer to partner with Target on a high-low collection for the masses didn’t come about by accident. Former reality star Whitney Port targeted the retailer quite intentionally, reaching out with a phone call to pitch her label Whitney Eve as its next activewear collaborator.
Considering her long, lean dancer’s body, it’s no surprise Port has an affinity for ballet, fitness and wellness. She danced in high school, and looked back to that time for her inspiration: “ballet touches” and “soft pinks,” according to WWD. Also set to appear in the activewear line are the “feminine and funky prints” that Port’s label is known for.
The collaboration is timed to be released around the back-to-school season, and will be the first U.S. collab for Whitney Eve, which has previously partnered with Cooper Street and Sportsgirl in Australia. Although Port’s label is already sold at Nordstrom (among other shops), with Target, the line has the chance to take center stage nationwide — and during barre class.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day