- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New mama Cardi B is coming back a new woman.
This year’s VMAs mark the rapper’s big comeback as her first red-carpet event post-pregnancy — completed by more than 200 carats of Colombian emeralds from Lorraine Schwartz (including earrings and a huge ring) and a pixie haircut to match.
Cardi stepped onto the VMAs red carpet wearing a custom, fuchsia Nicolas Jebran gown; the velvet, strapless couture dress, featuring a high slit and single sleeve, looked almost as regal as her embellished Met Gala ensemble by Moschino (both were styled by Kollin Carter).
She posted on Instagram with the caption, “K mom,” while Carter also posted, “Issa Mommy,” celebrating the first major appearance since Cardi gave birth to her first child — Kulture Kiari Cephus — with rapper Offset in July.
Unfortunately, Kulture wasn’t by Cardi’s side on the carpet, where the new mother was rocking her short hair and sultry regal gown.
The “Bodak Yellow” singer performed her hit number at the 2017 VMAs, and while she is opening the show this year, she is not expected to perform, according to Billboard. Since her splash last year, Cardi B has also graced the stage of Coachella and dropped her debut album Invasion of Privacy in April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day