- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
To the uninitiated, casual observer of fashion, Whoopi Goldberg may seem like an unlikely choice for a fashion designer.
But in our humble opinion, there could not be a more suitable designer for an ugly holiday sweater collection than the View co-host, who has established her reputation as queen of fugly fashion. The 60-year-old has collaborated with Lord & Taylor on an exclusive collection of wool, cashmere and alpaca sweaters (featuring both white and black Santas and an octopus/menora hybrid), available on Nov. 1 for $139 each.
Don’t get us wrong, Goldberg has long been a mainstay of the fashion community, forging relationships with designers and nabbing front-row seats at their New York Fashion Week Shows. In the case of Open Ceremony’s fall 2016 collection, she played the part of model/social activist on behalf of Carol Lim and Humberto Leon.
However, when it comes to her personal style, the Sister Act actress is a champion of ugly style: Crocs (before Christopher Kane gave them his high-fashion stamp of approval), Vetements‘ oversize sweatshirts and flashy, tacky-cool boots are part of her regular rotation.
Goldberg will celebrate the capsule with a special event on Nov. 15 at Lord & Taylor’s Fifth Avenue flagship store, during which the retailer will unveil a special window dedicated to the must-have holiday sweaters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day