- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Who says Angry Birds and black tie can’t mix?
Teija Vesterbacka, wife of Rovio CMO Peter Vesterbacka, showed up at the Finnish Presidential Palace for an event on Dec. 6 draped head to toe in Angry Birds. Rovio, a Finnish computer game developer, brought the addictive cell phone game to life back in Dec. 2009.
To anyone unfamiliar with the mobile fad, Teija’s red one-shouldered gown could pass for an artistic, geometrical design. For those who have not been living under a rock for the past two years, the bust features the unmistakable glare of the game’s Red Bird.
Peter wore a classic tuxedo to the event — a far cry from his typical apparel of, according to Tech Crunch, his trusty Angry Birds sweatshirt.
The Castle Ball, held each year in honor of the country’s Independence Day, is broadcast on national TV with approximately 2,000 guests in attendance.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day