- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zooey Deschanel is a new mama.
The New Girl star has welcomed her second child with producer husband Jacob Pechenik, a rep for Deschanel confirms to The Hollywood Reporter. The couple have named their son Charlie Wolf Pechenik, according to People.
Deschanel, 37, and Pechenik are parents to daughter Elsie Otter, who was born in August 2015. The couple, who are known to stay private about their personal lives, secretly got married in June 2015 in Texas.
According to Deschanel, the couple decided to name their first born after a sea otter because, “We just really liked the name Elsie and we both love otters — they’re very sweet and they’re also smart. They use tools…they hold hands while they sleep, there’s so many amazing things about otters. They’re wonderful animals.” Looks like the actress stuck with an animal-themed name for her baby boy.
In addition to her role on New Girl, Deschanel most recently lent her voice to DreamWorks‘ animated musical comedy Trolls.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day