- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Pinit
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Email
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Crazy chic” is one way to describe Wujek’s sensibility. The stylist has carved out an unexpected niche contrasting radical hair colors with high-fashion labels, from Perry’s rock ’n’ roll blue ’do topping a lighter blue, delicately beaded Elie Saab couture gown at the Grammys, to Minaj’s pink hair setting off an emerald silk taffeta Oscar de la Renta ball gown at the AMAs.
Wujek has developed great relationships with Miu Miu, Yves Saint Laurent, Viktor & Rolf, Balmain and Roland Mouret but is equally enthusiastic about promoting an unusual item, like the CuteCircuit pale-pink-and-white light-up dress worn by Perry at last year’s Met Costume Institute gala.
“It made the cover of Women’s Wear Daily the next morning, which was exciting,” says Wujek, who worked as an intern on the 2003 indie feature Wonderland and assisted styling on commercials and music videos. The stylist, with his brand of surprising glamour, never takes away from his clients’ kooky personas — only enhances them.