- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Pinit
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Email
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
WHY SHE MATTERS
In addition to keeping Twihards everywhere happy with Kristen Stewart’s edgy looks, Swennen dresses some of television’s top-rated ladies.
Stewart, Julie Bowen, Connie Britton, Kaley Cuoco
HER TOP LOOK
Modern Family’s Bowen in a highlighter-yellow Monique Lhuillier gown at the Emmys. “The neon color was so fun,” says Swennen. The Costume Designers Guild member, who assisted mega-stylists Andrea Lieberman and Rachel Zoe before going solo, also dressed Stewart in a series of cutting-edge styles for Twilight: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 worldwide press tour. The star’s racy-lacy looks by Zuhair Murad for the film’s Los Angeles and London premieres garnered a lot of attention.
“My curveball this year was at the Oscars when I found out Kristen needed to use crutches!” says Swennen. “I spent the morning of the awards show searching for appropriate flats for her injured foot.” The solution: Bloch silver ballet flats.
HER SECRET WEAPON
Nippies Skin nipple covers. “I discovered these reusable adhesive pasties," she says. "They’re my new wardrobe-malfunction-proof trick for sheer clothing.”