- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Favourite is heading to the 2019 Oscars with 10 nominations: best picture, best director (Yorgos Lanthimos), best actress (Olivia Colman), two best supporting actress nods (Rachel Weisz and Emma Stone), best original screenplay (Deborah Davis and Tony McNamara), best cinematography, best production design, best costume design and best editing.
The film follows two cousins (Stone and Weisz) as they vie to access the ailing Queen Anne's (Olivia Colman) power in 18th century England.
Since the film's premiere in Venice International Film Festival in August, the cast and crew have spoken about how The Favourite came together.
From Lanthimos' unconventional rehearsals to the first draft of the screenplay being written 20 years ago, here are 10 behind the scenes facts about the acclaimed film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen