- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the June 7 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
From cross-cultural mashups to restaurant pop-ups, L.A.’s most beloved culinary icons and rising influencers drive the appetites of Hollywood’s food chain. Some, like Wolfgang Puck and Nobu Matsuhisa, are global brands with decades-long CVs. Others on THR’s first annual Chefs List, such as the young Ari Taymor and Craig Thornton, are under-the-radar breakouts on the cusp of the A-list dining stratosphere.
How the THR Chefs List is chosen
The inaugural 2013 honorees are split equally into Icon and Influential categories, determined by staff analysis based on cooking talent, creativity, clout and relevance. Each Icon has had a key, discernible effect on advancing the L.A. dining scene. Each Influential has clearly begun the process of achieving the same.
Written by Gary Baum and Tim Appelo with reporting by Bill Higgins and Erin Weinger.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day