- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mad Max: Fury Road and Star Wars: The Force Awakens are among the feature nominees for the Cinema Audio Society's 52nd annual awards for outstanding achievement in sound mixing, which will be presented Feb. 20 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles.
Nominees in the feature animation category are the sound mixing teams behind The Good Dinosaur, Hotel Transylvania 2, Inside Out, Minions and The Peanuts Movie. CAS also has four television categories and two for technical achievement.
Several individuals received multiple nominations, including re-recording mixer Michael Semanick, who was mentioned for The Good Dinosaur, Hotel Transylvania 2 and Inside Out. Also among the multiple nominees are re-recording mixer Andy Nelson, for Bridge of Spies and Force Awakens; and Randy Thom, for Revenant and Peanuts Movie. Two separate episodes of American Horror Story are nominated in the TV movie or miniseries category, resulting in double nominations for production mixer Brendan Beebe and re-recording mixer Joe Earle.
During the ceremony, the CAS Filmmaker Award will be given to Jay Roach and the Career Achievement Award will be presented to ADR mixer Doc Kane, who also is a nominee for Inside Out.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Super Mario Bros.