- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Writers Guild of America has announced its nominees in the categories of theatrical and documentary screenplays.
The original screenplay nominees include Amy Schumer's Trainwreck, Sicario and Straight Outta Compton alongside original screenplay Oscar frontrunners Bridge of Spies and Spotlight. The category is missing Oscar frontrunners The Hateful Eight and Ex Machina, which were ineligible, as well as Inside Out.
The adapted screenplay category features Oscar frontrunners The Big Short, The Martian and Steve Jobs along with the screenplays for Carol and Trumbo. Missing from the category are adapted screenplay Oscar frontrunners Room and Brooklyn, which were ineligible.
Alex Gibney's Scientology exposé Going Clear was the only documentary Oscar frontrunner to land a WGA nomination, with the others going to Being Canadian, Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck and Amy Berg's Prophet's Prey.
The guild announced its TV, new media, radio, news, promotional writing and graphic animation nominations in December and will reveal its video game writing nominees on Monday.
All of the 2016 WGA awards will be handed out Feb. 13 at simultaneous ceremonies in New York and Los Angeles.
A full list of the theatrical and documentary screenplay nominees follows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show