- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
The GLAAD Media Awards welcomed Oscar winners like Patricia Arquette, Emmy winners like Jill Soloway and Jeffrey Tambor and a parade of stars wearing "&" pins, all showing their support of acceptance and equality for the LGBTQ community. While politics did dominate talk on the stage inside the Beverly Hilton on Saturday night, there were moments of levity delivered as trophies were handed out across a range of categories including film, television and media in a program hosted by comedian Cameron Esposito.
Top awards went to Arquette, honored with a Vanguard prize, Troye Sivan with the Stephen F. Kolzak Award, and best picture Oscar winner Moonlight, which took home outstanding film in wide release. The film's Tarell Alvin McCraney and Trevante Rhodes were on hand to accept from Mary J. Blige. Soloway and her Transparent crew took home the Outstanding Comedy series trophy.
An East Coast installment of the awards is scheduled to take place in New York on May 6 at the New York Hilton Midtown.
The 28th annual GLAAD Media Awards will air on Logo Thursday, April 6 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
A list of L.A. winners follows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day