- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Writers Guild Awards on Thursday revealed its nominees in the categories of television, new media, radio, news and promotional writing.
The nominees for best screenplay (original, adapted and documentary) will be announced Monday, Jan. 6, with the 72nd annual WGA Awards set for Saturday, Feb. 1, at dual ceremonies to be held in Los Angeles and New York.
The shows up for best drama series are The Crown, The Handmaid's Tale, Mindhunter, Succession and Watchmen. Vying for best comedy series honors are Barry, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, PEN15, Russian Doll and Veep, nominated for its final season.
Game of Thrones, HBO's hit show that capped off its eighth and final season earlier this year with a best drama series win at the Emmys, was snubbed in Thursday's WGA announcement.
However, Fleabag, which won the Emmy for best comedy series and best writing for a comedy series, was not eligible for a WGA nomination given that its creator-writer, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, is not a member of the guild.
Elsewhere, Succession, this year's Emmy winner for best writing for a drama series, was represented in the WGA noms on Thursday. Among the newcomers to this year's list are HBO's Watchmen and Netflix's Russian Doll.
A list of nominees announced Thursday follows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day