- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
"Jack's back." Domestic terrorist Eddie Grant said these words with a big grin midway into the second episode of the second season of 24, right after Jack Bauer re-established his cover with Grant's group by presenting the severed head of a sworn enemy.
Of course, Bauer was still firmly on the right side of the law, if operating with some extreme moral flexibility… but that's all in a day's work, when the day involves foiling a plot to detonate a nuclear warhead on American soil. All the same, Grant's words rang true: there was absolutely no question that Bauer, and 24 as a show, was back in action.
Fifteen years after that 2002 episode, 24 will be back, but without Jack. Kiefer Sutherland's real-time rogue operative exited after the 2014 miniseries 24: Live Another Day, leaving the playing field wide open for an all-new hero. That's where 24: Legacy comes in. The rebooted version of Fox's fast-paced thriller sees new faces and new threats emerging, with the ticking clock counting down toward imminent disaster.
Before the midseason premiere, The Hollywood Reporter has ten questions about the return of 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day