- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures Classics co-president Tom Bernard knows what stars really want for the holidays: “Pictures of themselves.” For directors or producers? “Money.”
It’s tough to find the perfect gift that has the right amount of extravagance and sends the right message (writer Stuart Beattie offers for stars: “I'd give them a clock, so they can make sure they turn up on time”), while Olivia Munn says she’ll take anything but another Bose headset.
This holiday season, you can give your agents the go-to gift box from Helen’s Wines or opt for a creative approach. Marin Hinkle (Mrs. Maisel) buys hand-blown glass jewelry boxes; Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family) gave portraits of his castmates sitting on sandwiches.
If you want to go the sentimental route — “I just always appreciate a well-written card,” Mahershala Ali adds — it may be too late, as actress Kat Dennings starts jotting down knitted gift ideas in June. But to really do a good job on a personal gift, Jesse Williams contends, “you have to be a damn good listener.”
The Hollywood Reporter asks industry insiders what to get for casts, crews, studio executives, directors and agents ahead of the holidays.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day