- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
From Star Wars: Episode IX to It: Chapter Two, 2019 will be full of sequels, reboots, prequels and spinoffs. For many of these upcoming films, their predecessors have already proven they can perform at the box office. Take Avengers: Infinity War — which will be followed up by Avengers: Endgame in April — for example. The superhero flick smashed a number of records in its debut weekend alone, earning both the biggest domestic and biggest worldwide opening of all time.
However, that's not to say the year's slate is lacking in original movies, either. Jordan Peele's Us, his first film since Get Out, hits theaters in March; Quentin Tarantino's star-studded Charles Manson movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is set for a July release; and Tom Hanks is Mister Rogers in November's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, to name a few.
Below, The Hollywood Reporter breaks down the movies headed to theaters in 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day