- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now that the Oscars are over, moviegoers have the rest of 2020 to figure out where they plan to spend their box office dollars.
From Top Gun: Maverick to Ghostbusters: Afterlife, the 2020 slate of films is chock-full of long-awaited sequels to popular titles.
Not to be left out of the sequel game, the ninth installment of the Fast & Furious saga is due out in May, and Godzilla vs. Kong promises to pit the two iconic movie monsters against one another again in November.
The rest of February sees a host of adaptations coming to the big screen. Blumhouse is bringing a fresh take on The Invisible Man to theaters, and Harrison Ford stars in the latest reimagining of The Call of the Wild, released the same weekend as a new take on the Jane Austen novel Emma.
Disney's latest live-action iteration from its animated library, Mulan, is set to bow in March, but a couple of original features could prove worthy summer blockbusters. Free Guy, starring Ryan Reynolds, is an original action-comedy that could shake up the typical schedule of sequels and remakes.
Below, The Hollywood Reporter breaks down the movies headed to theaters and streamers in 2020.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day