- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
The nominees list for the 11th annual Shorty Awards is officially out.
The Sawhorse Media-founded awards show aims to highlight and celebrate the best shortform content created on a variety of social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Among this year's notable nominees are Michelle Obama, Awkwafina, Joe Biden, Danai Gurira and Ali Wong.
In addition to the bold-faced names, TV shows such as Barry, Shameless and Brooklyn Nine-Nine will also be considered for their social media content. The list of 2019 nominees brings several new categories, including Tik-Toker of the Year and Innovator of the Year.
Shorty winners are selected by members of the Real Time Academy. Fans can also vote for the winner of select awards by casting one vote per day through the Shorty website.
The Shorty Awards will be presented May 5.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day