- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Just two days after Hollywood foreign's press gave La La Land their biggest haul of awards at the Golden Globes, the British Academy revealed the list of nominations for its upcoming film awards, with the musical again leading the pack.
Announced early Tuesday morning in the U.K. (late Monday LA), with Preacher's Dominic Cooper and Game of Thrones' Sophie Turner reading out the shortlisted names from BAFTA's London HQ, La La Land emerged with 11 nominations, including best director, best film and both best actor and actress. Arrival and Nocturnal Animals followed behind with nine nominations each, while Manchester By the Sea came away with six.
Elsewhere, British films had a chance to shine, with Ken Loach's Cannes-winner I, Daniel Blake earning four nominations alongside Lion, Florence Foster Jenkins, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Hacksaw Ridge and Moonlight.
The awards ceremony itself will take place on Feb. 12, this time moving to the Royal Albert Hall, with Stephen Fry hosting for a 12th time.
A complete list of nominations follows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day