- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Just two days after Hollywood's foreign press helped Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri become the big winner at the Golden Globes, BAFTA voters saw Martin McDonagh's film earn a bumper crop of nominations in London.
The BAFTA Award nominations were announced early Tuesday morning in the U.K. (late Monday LA), with Natalie Dormer and Letitia Wright reading out the shortlisted names from the British Academy's London HQ.
Three Billboards came away with nine nominations, with many across many of the major categories (including film, actor, director and both supporting shortlists), matched by Joe Wright's Darkest Hour (including best film, actor and supporting actress). But, thanks to the technical categories, it was The Shape of Water that emerged in the lead with 12 nods (including film, director, actress and supporting actress).
The awards ceremony itself will take place on Feb. 18 at the Royal Albert Hall.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day