- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney's live-action Beauty and the Beast features just a little change from its 1991 animated classic.
"The most difficult part was both honoring the original animated film and also giving it its own identity," producer David Hoberman told The Hollywood Reporter. "But there's also a lot you can get away with in animation that you can't get away with in live-action."
Therefore, the new movie — starring Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Josh Gad, Kevin Kline, Emma Thompson, Ian McKellen, Ewan McGregor, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Audra McDonald and Stanley Tucci — introduces new characters, backstories, songs, motivations and even logistical details. Added producer Todd Lieberman: "Because there's so much emotion in the original movie, there's also a lot of room to explain where that emotion came from."
THR outlines the nine most notable plot differences between the two adaptations complete with each reason for tweaking a tale as old as time.
[This story contains minor spoilers from Beauty and the Beast.]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day