- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bruno Mars topped the BET Presents: 2017 Soul Train Awards, which were handed out in a telecast that aired Sunday night on BET and BET HER.
Mars won a total of five awards, for best R&B/soul male artist, video of the year, album/mixtape of the year, song of the year and best dance performance. SZA followed with two awards, for best new artist and best R&B/soul female artist.
Erykah Badu returned as host of the show, which was filmed Nov. 5 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, recognized the best in soul, R&B and hip-hop, both legends and modern-day artists.
Also during the show, Toni Braxton received the coveted Legend Award, while R&B trio SWV was honored with the third annual Lady of Soul Award. Braxton and SWV also separately performed a medley of their respective hits.
Additional performances included Tamar Braxton, 112, Tank, Kirk Franklin, Method Man, Keyshia Cole, Daniel Caesar, DVSN, Le’Andria Johnson, Demetria McKinney, Ledisi, Luke James, Major, Ro James and U-GOD.
A full list of winners follows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day