- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris Brown leads the 2019 Soul Train Awards nominations with eight, followed by Drake with seven and Beyoncé and Lizzo with six each. The annual awards show recognizes the best in soul, R&B and hip-hop from industry legends to next-generation talent.
Brown's noms include best R&B/soul male artist, album/mixtape of the year, the Ashford and Simpson Songwriter's Award and two nods for best dance performance. Drake's seven mentions include rhythm & bars (formerly best hip-hop song of the year), best dance performance, best collaboration and two noms for song of the year with "No Guidance" and "Girls Need Love Too Remix."
Beyoncé and Lizzo each picked up noms for best R&B/soul female artist, song of the year, video of the year, best dance performance and the Ashford and Simpson Songwriter's Award. Khalid also ranked among the leading nominees with five mentions, followed by J. Cole with four and H.E.R., Ari Lennox and Summer Walker with three each.
Tisha Campbell and Tichina Arnold are set to host the 2019 Soul Train Awards, which will air live from the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, Nov. 17, at 8 p.m. ET on BET.
A complete list of this year's nominees follows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day