- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Weeknd could have a big weekend at the Billboard Music Awards.
The Canadian hit maker is a finalist 19 times in 16 categories. Justin Bieber follows The Weeknd; he's a finalist 12 times, in 11 categories. Drake and Fetty Wap are both finalists 11 times, in 10 categories. Taylor Swift and Adele are both finalists for eight awards.
Ludacris and Ciara will host the 2016 Billboard Music Awards at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on May 22.
Billboard Music Awards finalists are based on key fan interactions with music, including album and digital songs sales, radio airplay, streaming, touring and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music. These measurements are tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Music and Next Big Sound. The awards are based on the reporting period of tracking dates March 23, 2015, through March 17, 2016, and Billboard chart dates April 11, 2015 through April 2, 2016. Since 1940, the Billboard charts have been the go-to guide for ranking the popularity of songs and albums, and are the ultimate measure of a musician’s success.
See the full list of finalists below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day