- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Broadway's 2015-16 is one for the books for its widespread broadening of boundaries. Thanks to Lin-Manuel Miranda's instant phenomenon, Hamilton, Gloria Estefan's bio-musical On Your Feet! and the George Takei-inspired show Allegiance, the productions at audiences' fingertips feature casts more racially diverse than ever before. And the Spring Awakening revival is performed simultaneously in American Sign Language and spoken English by a cast with both hearing and non-hearing actors, while Waitress is the first-ever Broadway musical with an all-female creative team.
Amid beloved revivals, West End imports and movie adaptations, the current season features the Broadway debuts of Hollywood boldfaces like Bruce Willis, Mark Strong, Lupita Nyong'o, Keira Knightley, Clive Owen, Jennifer Hudson and Forest Whitaker, as well as new creative work from Steve Martin, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Julian Fellowes and Radiohead's Thom Yorke.
See below for the full season's offerings. And see here for the best Broadway shows of this season, as picked by The Hollywood Reporter.
Pictured above: Phillipa Soo of Hamilton and Lea Salonga of Allegiance.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day