- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fifteen years ago, Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey stole audiences' — and each other's — hearts in the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.
The film, which debuted in what might be called the golden age of rom-coms, starred Hudson as a journalist for Composure magazine who writes the "How to" column. She sets out to prove to her friends that she can make him dump her within 10 days. While she attempts to drive advertising executive Benjamin Barry (McConaughey) away with unique techniques like buying him a “love fern,” pretending she’s a vegetarian and filling his apartment with stuffed animals, she's unaware that Ben has made a bet with his co-workers that he can make her fall in love with him.
The film was released on Feb. 7, 2003, and grossed $161.1 million at the domestic box office (adjusted for inflation), according to Box Office Mojo. Read below to see what the main stars have been up to since then.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day