- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Just 21 when Risky Business hit theaters, Tom Cruise became a star after the movie's Aug. 5, 1983, release. The iconic scene of him dancing in his pink button-down shirt and underwear to Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock and Roll" still stands as one of his most memorable, in a career filled with numerous iconic scenes.
Cruise — now 56 — stars as Joel Goodson, a high school senior from a wealthy family who plans for a good time when his parents leave on vacation, but things go awry after he crashes his father's Porsche and turns the family home into a brothel. Oh, and he hooks up with a prostitute (Rebecca De Mornay).
The movie, widely praised by critics, went on to earn $184.8 million at the domestic box office when adjusted for inflation.
Risky Business celebrates its 35th anniversary this year. In honor of that milestone, grab your Ray-Bans, crank up some "Old Time Rock and Roll" and see what the actors have been to up since the movie first hit theaters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day