- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
When October hits in Los Angeles, dressing up in scary costumes, donning intricate makeup and the rest of horror movie magic isn't just for industry folk. Halloween in L.A. brings about not only movie-inspired looks but offers a wide array of attractions to get into the Hallow-day spirit.
This year's lineup of Halloween events includes SoCal Halloween classics such as the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride in Griffith Park and Universal Studios' Halloween Horror nights. Along with the classic Hollywood Halloween costume parties, mazes and haunted houses are more experimental experiences like Creep LA's Haus of Creep or the Natural History Museum's exhibit, Natural History of Horror.
Those who want a more stationary scare can make their way to a number of screenings throughout L.A. The Theater at Ace Hotel is offering a screening of Hitchcock's Psycho as the LA Opera plays the score in real time. Multiple screening spots across town, including the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, Rooftop Cinema Club and Melrose Rooftop Theater, offer their own October lineup of horror flicks.
From immersive theater to art exhibits and music festivals, here's what Los Angeles has to offer this Halloween.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day