- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oftentimes, the most unnerving part of a horror film isn’t the monster in the closet, but the child it affects. Once a little kid appears on the big screen of a horror flick, anything becomes an instrument of fright: a doll, a book, a board game, even a crayon — a la Anabelle.
It’s a smart move by directors to employ children as puppets of terror. Doing so amplifies a film’s shock value since little ones are expected to be pure and innocent, so when we see a possessed little girl’s head spin around … well, you get the picture. In horror movies, instead of playing with action figures and dolls, these demonic offspring play with our heads and toy with our emotions. In the midst of a chiller, even the simple sound of a child’s coo can make even the bravest of souls jump out of his or her skin.
Below, take a look at what the actors who played these nightmarish characters look like today.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day