- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aquaman has swum into theaters and is the latest film in Warner Bros. growing roster of DC films.
After making the big screen safe for superheroes with a couple of excellent adventures a generation or two ago, DC has proven — with one Christopher Nolan-sized exception — to be fairly hit-or-miss at getting the magic up on screen. The company has a few honest-to-Zod icons on its hands, but their super powers do not include an immunity to iffy filmmaking choices. Let us assess the relative merits of movies inspired by their comics and graphic novels.
This list, which was created in 2016 to coincide with the launch of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, will continue to be updated with new movies as they come out. It was most recently updated in time for the release of Zack Snyder’s Justice League in 2021.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Venice Film Festival