- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos are back, and this time they are facing a new foe — at least one who's new to viewers.
Disney Channel's Descendants 2 finds the gang of villains-turned-good guys — all the offspring of classic Disney villains — trying to fit in at Auradon Prep. When Maleficent's daughter, Mal (Dove Cameron), struggling with the pressure to be royally perfect, returns to the Isle of the Lost, she reunites with an old nemesis, Uma (China Anne McClain), daughter of Ursula, who is resentful she wasn't selected to go to Auradon Prep with the other kids. Their old rivalry is renewed, and Mal and her pals must stop Uma before she releases all the villains imprisoned on the isle.
The movie, which also stars Cameron Boyce, Sofia Carson and Booboo Stewart, will premiere at 8 p.m. ET on Friday across six networks within the Disney|ABC Television Group: Disney Channel, ABC, Disney XD, Freeform, Lifetime and Lifetime Movies.
Ahead of the debut, Kenny Ortega (High School Musical), who executive produced, directed and co-choreographed the first movie and its sequel, spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about what went into making the film, which is being dubbed Disney Channel's most ambitious original movie yet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day