- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now an oft-considered Christmas movie, Die Hard actually came out 30 years ago in the middle of summer. The story of an office Christmas party gone south saw immediate success in 1988. The film grossed a then-$140 million worldwide at the box office on a reported $28 million budget. The movie spawned four sequels and in 2017 was put in the United States National Film Registry for its “importance to American cinema and the nation’s cultural and historical heritage.”
The movie features Bruce Willis’ breakout role as an action star, playing NYPD Detective John McClane, but the heist thriller also was packed with notable actors that have gone on to appear in roles from the Harry Potter franchise to notable TV series.
With July 15 marking the 30th anniversary, The Hollywood Reporter went back to where it all started to detail where the Die Hard actors came from and what they have been up to since the release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day