- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stars on this year's Emmys red carpet are bringing back the color after last season's black at the Golden Globes in support of the #MeToo movement.
Green was the color of choice on Monday for Dakota Fanning, Tatiana Maslany and Regina King, who all showed up in the earthy shade. (Fanning complemented her gown with giant emerald drop earrings.) But neon green reigned supreme with Maslany, King and even Alexis Bledel, who incorporated a streak of it into her pink dress. Plus Kayli Carter of Godless wore the hot hue dubbed "Gen Z yellow" that was all over the New York Fashion Week runways last week.
Gaten Matarazzo went bold with a mustard Dolce & Gabbana suit, while Ellie Kemper chose a ruffled coral gown. The ultimate queen of color, though, was Tiffany Haddish in her custom rainbow ruffled gown by Prabal Gurung with geometric earrings.
Other stars celebrated the freedom to choose beyond black by going with classic white, including Scarlett Johansson (arm-in-arm with host Colin Jost in Armani), RuPaul, Milo Ventimiglia and Kristen Bell in white.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day