- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Both high-profile fighters' OTT sense of style has been on display leading up to their hotly anticipated Aug. 26 fight in Las Vegas. The undefeated boxing champ prefers to elevate his more casual looks with accessories dripping in diamonds and high-priced sneakers. On Wednesday it was announced designer Philipp Plein and Mayweather have worked together to create the 40-year-old's trunks and robe for the ring.
While it is still unknown what the Irish MMA star will don on fight night, McGregor typically toggles between sharply tailored suits and ostentatious designer pieces — Versace and Gucci are favorites. “He already had that fashion bug when we met,” says McGregor’s SoCal-based tailor David August, who has been making custom pieces for him for three years (after being introduced to him by UFC’s Dana White).
Three Hollywood fashion heavyweights, Ilaria Urbinati (who works with Bradley Cooper and Donald Glover), Jason Rembert (Rita Ora and Zayn Malik are clients) and Jeff K. Kim (Michael B. Jordan is a client), weigh in on who packs the biggest punch in a sartorial smackdown.
A version of this story first appeared in the Aug. 23 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Fresh Off the Boat