- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
As a run of top TV talent switches platforms and studios amid industrywide consolidation, the 50-ish influential folks who landed on The Hollywood Reporter’s annual rundown of the medium’s most powerful writer-producers reveal what gets them through the workday, whom they most admire (spoiler alert: It’s mostly still Michaela Coel) and the pitches that, even in Peak TV, nobody will let them make.
THR selected its 2021 power showrunners from all writer-producers with live-action scripted series that aired original episodes between September 2020 and October 2021 (see: noteworthy scribes on the bench). With acknowledgement that roles and duties can vary significantly, each entrant is judged relative to slates, deal size, ratings, value to platform and studio, cultural impact and awards.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day