- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Glee’s Jane Lynch and her partner, Jennifer Cheyne, came across a picture of an abandoned cattle dog named Arbuckle on dog-rescue nonprofit A Purposeful Rescue's Instagram account in November, they knew they had to do something.
"He was 116 pounds and he had sores all over his belly — probably from lying on concrete and his belly rubbing on the ground — so he was a mess," says Lynch of the 8-year-old hound, who was more than 40 overweight due to an untreated thyroid condition (he’s now down 23lbs). After donating to his costs and waiting until he was fit enough to handle stairs in their home, the couple adopted the now Insta-famous pup (66,000 followers and counting), adding him to their existing brood of three rescues. "A lot of people don’t want to adopt the older dogs, but we love them,” says Lynch. "We really relish the chance to give them a good last couple of years."
Here are 10 of Hollywood’s favorite rescue centers, and the other ways industry insiders are getting involved for a good paws, er, cause.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day