- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
How do you narrow down the best movie quotes from a century of filmmaking?
When The Hollywood Reporter asked the industry to vote on their favorite movies, everything from "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" (voted as the No. 1 quote of all time, from 1939's Gone With the Wind) to "Love means never having to say you're sorry" (landing at No. 100, from 1970's Love Story) made the list.
But when you have room for only 100, there are naturally going to be many iconic lines that get omitted. See below for the 10 lines that just fell short of making our list of the top 100 movie quotes, starting with No. 101, from Batman. (Also, check out the funny movie quotes and most romantic movie quotes.)
Read more The 'Gone With the Wind' Line That Was Almost Censored | Why Hollywood Moguls Love This Line From 'The Godfather' | Top Funny Lines | Top Love Lines | 4 Lines That Were Ad-Libbed | 'Jaws' Writer Reveals Origins of Movie's Famous "Bigger Boat" Line | 'Clueless' Director Amy Heckerling Reveals Where "As If!" Came From | Rare Look at Early 'Godfather' Drafts Reveal Famous Lines' Origins
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day