- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
"Rosé All Day" doesn't just apply to what’s in that elegantly hued wine glass. The anti-aging power player currently tearing up the skin care scene comes from an actual rose (both petals and seeds), and it’s the star ingredient in many coveted products lining the shelves of Tinseltown elite.
"Rose essential oil comes from fresh rose petals, is super anti-inflammatory, helps heal skin and has a lovely, soothing scent," says Venice-based skincare guru Kat Rudu, whose clients include Dakota Johnson, Simon Cowell and Kate Beckinsale. "It's full of vitamins and essential fatty acids that are known to hydrate and reduce fine lines."
This is one precious commodity too — it takes thousands of rose blossoms to yield just one little ounce of oil. Rosehip seed oil, on the other hand, is extracted from the seeds of rose bushes predominantly grown in Chile. "It absorbs right in, helps restore elasticity and decrease environmental damage," says A-list dermatologist Dr. Tess Mauricio, who recommends rose hip to patients as an effective, natural moisturizer. Here, five rose-infused dynamos worth toasting to.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day