- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Between Jay Z and Beyonce's purchase of an $88 million Bel Air spec house and Angelina Jolie's $24.5 million buy of the Cecil B. DeMille estate in Los Feliz, there were plenty of headlines coming out of L.A.'s white-hot luxury real estate market the past year, and signs point to more of the same. In the second quarter of 2017, the median sales price of a luxury home reached $9.5 million — a 3 percent increase from the same period last year, according to Douglas Elliman. Meanwhile, the number of luxury sales in the second quarter jumped 26 percent from a year ago, even though those homes are staying on the market longer (seven days). THR's annual list of top real estate pros — 25 solo artists plus five top teams — reveals how these movers and shakers close the deal, plus what they really think of how their profession is portrayed onscreen.
Brian Porreca and Rebecca Sun contributed to this report.
This story first appeared in the Sept. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day