- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
On the strength of her work on Alpha, Maxine Gervais became the first woman colorist to win the feature color grading category at the Hollywood Professional Association (formerly Hollywood Post Alliance) Awards on Thursday night at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.
Also in the feature film categories, a team from Avengers: Infinity War topped the VFX category, a team from The Shape of Water claimed the sound trophy and A Quiet Place editor Christopher Tellefsen won the editing prize.
Games of Thrones and The Crown were among the TV category honorees.
During the ceremony, Victoria Alonso, producer and executive vp production at Marvel Studios, received HPA's Charles S. Swartz Award for her industry contributions. Engineering excellence awards were presented to Blackmagic Design for DaVinci Resolve 15, Canon for visual and technical monitoring of HDR images, Cinnafilm for PixelStrings, and IBM Aspera and Telestream for Telestream Vantage with Lightspeed Live Capture. An honorable mention was awarded to Samsung for its Samsung Onyx LED cinema screen.
A list of winners follows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day