- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Who will be the next Bachelor? ABC has a few choices.
Unlike The Bachelorette, which traditionally sees its star announced on finale night of The Bachelor, ABC has the benefit of time when it comes to picking its male star. The Bachelorette wraps in late summer and The Bachelor doesn't return until January, giving the minds behind the series the ability to see how the rest of the summer plays out among Bachelor Nation before crowning its next lead.
Heading into summer spinoff series Bachelor in Paradise, more than one Bachelorette finalist could be auditioning for the starring gig. Monday night's finale saw runner-up Blake Horstmann getting his heart broken by star Becca Kufrin, who is now engaged to Garrett Yrigoyen. Seasons past have seen the runner-up be too rattled to return (ahem, Peter Kraus of Rachel Lindsay's season). Is Blake a shoo-in or could Becca's other exes, like Jason Tartick or Bachelor in Paradise stars Colton Underwood and Wills Reid, swoop in to take the role?
Below, The Hollywood Reporter's franchise experts Jackie Strause and Kimberly Nordyke debate several options, taking into account what the reality stars have said about being the next Bachelor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day