- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Legend, Jim Caviezel, Will Ferrell, Christian Bale, Ralph Fiennes, Willem Dafoe and Ewan McGregor are among the stars who've played Jesus Christ in film and on TV.
Legend recently starred as the Son of God in NBC's live production of Jesus Christ Superstar, which he also executive produced, taking home an Emmy for outstanding variety special and putting him in the elite EGOT group of people who've won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony.
Diogo Morgado and Juan Pablo Di Pace made headlines for their portrayals of Jesus in Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's The Bible and AD: The Bible Continues, respectively. And Jim Caviezel is still well known for his starring role in Mel Gibson's controversial Passion of the Christ in 2004. Meanwhile, Willem Dafoe tackled a darker version of Jesus in Martin Scorsese's The Last Temptation of Christ while Ted Neeley and Victor Garber gave the role a musical spin in an earlier version of Jesus Christ Superstar and Godspell, respectively.
Whether it's in a comedy or a drama on film or TV, these men have brought the Son of God to life on the big screen. Take a look at some of the most memorable stars who played the Messiah, below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day